Teen Feed is Making History
Starting this Saturday, Teen Feed will begin serving healthy dinners to homeless youth every single night of the year.
For many years, Teen Feed has served homeless youth every Sunday through Thursday night. In January of 2010, we added Friday nights. Only six months later, on June 5th, we will expand yet again to create a seamless continuum of care for youth on the streets.
On any given night, Teen Feed serves 35 – 70 homeless youth a healthy dinner in a safe environment. This effort is only possible because of the :
- Over 400 volunteers who serve as meal teams – purchasing, cooking, serving and cleaning up a meal for 60 youth,
- Five faith community spaces who host us – offering up their kitchens and their hearts,
- Foundations, Trusts, Companies and individuals who give money – believing in the futures of our young people,
- Advocates and Weeklies who give their time in conversation with youth over dinner,
- Partner agencies in the University District who shelter and support youth on the streets, working in tandem to ensure the needs are met, and
- Community members who spread the word.
What this broad community of support communicates to youth on the streets, in so many small ways, is that their life is valuable. It might just be mac and cheese, steamed broccoli, and brownies – but the difference it makes is profound.
Click here for the Teen Feed Location Map. Thank you for joining the effort to offer, build, and ally – and stay tuned for news from our newest night of Teen Feed!